What happens during a Play Session?
So that the children settle into pre-school easily and confidently, we try to make the pre-school feel as much like a home as possible. The rooms are laid out with various activities and equipment enabling the children an opportunity to express themselves and develop through play. Each session is organised as follows:
- 08:45 – Pre school doors open (Free play activities with parents)
- 09:00 – Parents leave and pre school day begins
- 09:05 – Dough gym (Physical activity to music)
- 09:15 – Registration routine (Learning opportunity eg no, shape, letter of the week/ show & tell time)
- 09:30 – Free play activities (Key workers play alongside )
- 10:15 – Adult led activities relating to EYFS curriculum/ individual needs
- 10:45 – Healthy snack time
- 11:00 – Outdoors free play activities (School field/ playground/ welly walk)
- 11:45 – Nursery Rhymes/ Story/ Phonic Songs time
- 12:00 – Children in / out (afternoon session begins)
- 12:05 – Lunch time
- 12:45 – Book sharing/ rhyme time
- 13:00 – Free play activities
- 13:45 – Outdoors free play activities (School field/ playground/ welly walk)
- 14:45 – Story/ Rhyme time
- 15:00 – Pre school day ends
Outings and Events
Each term we take the children for local walks. This might involve walking up to the church, local shop, village hall or even down to the woods. Annually we have a Christmas Party, Easter Picnic, Summer Trip and a Teddy Bears Picnic. Parents are welcome and encouraged to join us on these events.
How can parents get involved?
Parents are always welcome at the pre-school, especially when your child first starts. If you are able to, please sign up for a ‘stay and play’ session when you can. Book up with a staff member.
If you can spare the time and want to be more involved you might like to consider joining the committee. The committee is very active and organises regular social events. very one is invited to participate in whatever way they can – from fundraising to admin. See the Committee page for more info.